The van der Schaar Lab’s 2023 open house took place on 2 November as a by-invitation event for collaborators and sponsors. Mihaela van der Schaar and members of the lab presented a cohesive vision for a new machine learning paradigm – called Reality-Centric AI – aimed at developing cutting-edge machine learning which is human empowering rather than marginalising, while demonstrating how this vision is already becoming reality through a range of world-leading research projects in healthcare.
The full event consisted of 8 short mini-seminars given by lab members, focusing on projects or areas grouped around our core agenda: The Road to Reality-Centric AI.
Structure of the Open House
All mini-seminars (as well as Mihaela’s introductory presentation) are provided in full below. All reference material is provided with QR codes inside the video. The Q&A/discussion breaks between sessions are not included.
You can also view the video on YouTube here.
Recording of the Open House 2023
In a short introductory presentation, Mihaela van der Schaar outlines the lab’s ongoing vision and research focus, shares some key resources and reference material, and explains our ongoing focus on reality-centric AI and Human Empowerment. This is then followed by the mini-seminars presented by our researchers.
– Our case for Reality-Centric AI
– Publications page
– Our contributions for NeurIPS 2023
– Our contributions for ICML 2023
– Our contributions for ICLR and AISTATS 2023
– Engagement sessions – Inspiration Exchange and Revolutionizing Healthcare
– Video tutorial series on ITE inference
– IJCAI 2023 tutorial on Data-Centric AI
– AAAI 2023 tutorial on Data-Centric AI
– NeurIPS 2023 tutorial on Data-Centric AI for reliable and responsible AI
– NeurIPS 2023 workshop on Synthetic Data
– Impact page
– Software page, GitHub repo, and PyPi project page
To inquire about PhD studentships, visit this page.