28 September, 2022, saw WeCREATE Inspiration Session 2 of the van der Schaar lab.
During this session we highlighted four inspiring women, by showcasing creative and impactful projects they are working on. There was a fantastic panel discussion and great questions from the audience afterwards.
Purpose of WeCREATE:
- Inspire female students and young professionals to embrace creative careers in Engineering, Comp Sci, Applied Maths and beyond.
- Dispelling widely held myths and established views about these areas.
- Highlight a diverse range of amazing female role models making their mark on the world.
- Created for women, and open to all – no-one should be discouraged from pursuing AI and machine learning.
Our speakers for this session were:
- Prof Mingyan Liu – University of Michigan
- Prof Chiara Petrioli – Sapienza University of Rome
- Dr Elizabeth Daly – Research Scientist, IBM Research Dublin
- Dr Emma Slade – Senior AI/ML Engineer, GSK
Host: Prof. Mihaela van der Schaar.
Whether you’re a high school student wondering about your next big step into higher education, an undergraduate considering further study or career options outside academia, or a postgrad or professional looking for inspiration, we hope you’ll join us for future sessions! Sign up here.
NOTE: This information was up-to-date at the time of the presentation.